Friday workout – Clean and Jerk Drills!
6:00 AM WORKOUT (45 minutes) – Back Squat
- Worked on clean and jerk, performing three bumps against my thigh, cleaning the weight on the third bump, then performed a clean from the knees, then performed a clean from the floor. These were technique drills and so did not go up in weights or try any heavy weights. Very tiring and need to wrap my thumbs.
- 11:00 AM WORKOUT (70 minutes)- Technique
- Push-Press – 6@95lbs, 2@135lbs, 2@145lbs, 2@155lbs, 2@165lbs, 0@175lbs, 1@175lbs
- Dumbbell Bench Press – 6@60lbs, 4@75lbs, 6@90lbs, 4@102lbs, 4@102lbs
- Butterfly Chin-ups – 16, 15, 15
- Dumbell Curls – 10@40lbs, 8@45lbs, 8@50lbs
- Note: Pushed for an upper body workout – performed in a circuit style. Knowing I am going to Palm Springs next week and so will be performing this type of workout while on “vacation”, I wanted to focus on it a few times before I leave.
- Sit-ups – 50